Asian and Pacific Islander families with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members
through support, education, and dialog.
We are committed, both individually and collectively, to create an organization that values:
- the bonds between parent and child,
- the contribution of inter-generational and extended family traditions,
- diverse racial, ethnic, linguistic and faith communities,
- coalitions with API communities and organizations,
- respect for all contributions and diverse perspectives.
Who We Are
API-Family Pride is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to end the isolation of API families with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members through support, education, and dialog. We provide one-on-one sessions with parents; connect parents with others who speak their language; conduct workshops at high schools, colleges, and adult gatherings; set-up information booths at street fairs; and interact with other organizations’ health and diversity programs. We have developed resources that have found their way into over 10,000 homes, schools and universities.
South Asian Families
- Rajshree Sathawane
- Hrishikesh Sathawane
- Rashmi Dharaskar
- Belinda & John Dronkerslaureta
- Lance Dronkers
- Francis Crespo
- Stella (Sung Yim Cho) Silberberg
- Luna Han
- Sujin Lee